Your Austin Men’s Salon
At 18|8, we have one goal: to help you look and feel your very best, through a refined salon experience tailored for the modern man. As your Austin men’s salon, we provide a wealth of men’s grooming services like haircuts, beard trims, nail treatments, facials, and much more to get you feeling like the fine gentleman you are.
Caring for your skin goes beyond just washing your face every day. If you want good skin for years to come, you’ll want to age as slowly as possible. While you can’t slow down time, you can protect your skin from damage. Keep reading to learn about the importance of skin protection.
Preserving Your Skin
We all know that sunscreen is important. The UV (ultraviolet) rays of the sun can cause harm to our delicate skin by damaging its cells, speeding up signs of aging and even leading to skin cancer. Sun damage also occurs slowly, over time, so many people don’t realize that damage has been done until much later. While avoiding the sun isn’t the answer (thankfully), you also don’t want to forego all measures of skin protection thinking damage won’t happen to you. Here are a few easy ways to ensure your skin remains at its healthiest for years to come:
- Limit your sun exposure—The sun’s rays are strongest between 10AM – 4PM. Try to avoid being in the sun during these periods.
- Avoid sunbathing and tanning.
- Monitor the UV index—Use a weather app or report to determine each day’s number. The UV index measures how damaging sun exposure will be on a particular day. If the number is 10 or higher, try to avoid being outdoors.
- Wear sunglasses and dark protective clothing that minimizes your skin’s exposure.
- Wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 or more, and wear a lip balm or chapstick containing sunscreen. Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours when outdoors.
Benefits Of Skin Protection
Protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun provides many benefits in the long run, and some in the short. These include:
- Reduced risk of painful sunburn
- Healthy, more youthful skin
- Slowed signs of aging
- Reduced risk of dehydration
- More even skin tone
- Decreased chance of dark spots, wrinkling, and sagging
Contact Your Austin Men’s Salon Today
Here at 18|8, we’re committed to giving you the superior skincare treatment you deserve. Our men’s facials combine professional techniques with the best service imaginable for an experience like no other. Book an appointment today and come enjoy a rejuvenating, relaxing facial treatment designed to cleanse, refresh and restore your skin—all while enjoying a complimentary cold beverage of your choice as you watch the game. If you’d like more tips on how to care for your skin year-round, we’d love to discuss your questions and concerns. Simply reach out to us at our contact page, or give us a call at (512) 489-1881. We’ll see you in our Austin men’s salon soon!